Private Coaching and Consulting
Allison has worked for over 20 years with art and design students and young professionals in developing their work for studio, design, or commercial applications. She continues this work with a few private clients each quarter. Allison is open to coaching privately in one time calls, in 90-day engagements, and in public speaking for larger organizations. As an educator, artist, designer, and owner of Modernplum, Allison is skilled in:
- CreatIve assessment and development;
- Mindset shifts from sole artist to business owner;
- Positioning: your ideal customer, your value proposition, your ideal product, pricing and margin strategies;
- Setting up your studio (legal structure, equipment list, hiring);
- Where to spend and where to save;
- Funding strategies;
- Manufacturing basics and sources;
- What's your best sales channels (wholesale, retail, trade, or ecommence);
- Marketing strategies (SEO, content, email, in-person);
- Social Media strategies (instagram, pinterest, facebook, twitter)
One-Time Coaching Session
You can book a one-time "Clarity Call" session. Here's how it works:
- First, you decide on the three main topics you want to discuss with Allison. After you book a session, we'll send you a questionnaire via email to understand your needs. Fill it out thoroughly and send us any pertinent background information and/or links.
- Next, you get on the phone or Zoom with Allison for a 50-minute private session. The first part is to understand your goals, then we dive into your three main issues, then Allison will lay out your next three steps for the next 60 days.
- The session can be recorded if you like and sent to you after the event. Allison will also take notes during the session and follow up with any links or info discussed within 24 hours after your session.
Your Investment: $378
After you book your session, you will automatically receive an email with available dates and times. Allison reserves 1 day per week for her coaching calls, so there may be a waiting time.
After you book your session, if you can't find a time that works for you, please let us know and we will work it out.
1:1 Coaching Program
90-day programs focus on a specific goal that takes multiple sessions and time to accomplish. The Package includes 10 50-minute calls, weekly action items and next steps, and a curated list of helpful resources, videos, films, and books from Allison private archive. If you are seeking an ongoing engagement, you may renew at the end of the session. Here are some samples,
- Develop a creative body of work suitable for manufacture and sales;
- Set-up my business with appropriate legal structure, sales channels, pricing and branding strategy;
- Organizing production: manufacturing basics, single-sewer, made-to-order (and the pros and cons of each);
- Set-up and execution of your best 90-day marketing strategy
Your investment: $3600
For more information or to discuss your individualized engagement,
Allison can be booked for speaking engagements on the following topics:
- Art Making is a Business!
- Artists and the Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Starting a Textile Brand: What you need to know
- The Textile Waste Problem
For more information about speaking engagements,