Edit: 5 Favorite Things for March
Did you see it? The light changed last week. When that happens I know Spring is right around the corner. March madness is full of optimism for new pleasures. For me, it's baseball, walks on the beach, outdoor entertaining, and just sitting in the sun. March presents a wonderful chance to embrace the new, the lighter, and simpler frame of mind. So in the spirit of new things, here is our top five favorites for the month.
1. Lacoste Shirting. This linen shirt the exact color of hyacinth sprouting from the ground, with its uncomplicated lines and thoughtful details really is a great shirt for this time of year. http://www.lacoste.com
2. Modernplum Jean Shams. Jean shams in Puddle, which are a wonderful size for reading and lounging in bed. The styling here is simple - it's the flecked yarn-dyed fabric that gives this bedding an interesting visual texture. It is the color of rain drops and puddles. Blue, but with a grey undertone. http://www.modernplum.com
3. Farnsworth House. A virtual tour (or in-person tour) this spring of the home located in Plano, Illinois will calm your mind and spirit. The low and long home floats above the ground and is open to the environment in a similar way as a tent in the wilderness. Here is a place where spirit and nature meet, and it's so freeing. http://www.farnsworthhouse.org
4. Swedish Kanken Backpack. I've been looking at these from afar. This spring is finally when I'll buy one. Like everything from the Swedes, this one is simple, uncomplicated, well-crafted. This will become a great portable back for carrying essentials during March walks. https://www.fjallraven.com
5. Asparagus. This is the month when it comes in season. It tastes best during this time, so eat often and enjoy. We like to get asperagus right from the farm, which in Chicago is the Green City Market. Look in your outdoor market if it's open, or if not, then grab it at the grocery. http://greencitymarket.org
What's so special about having seasons is the chance to change gears and experience newness. March is all about that. Embrace the new this month.